Mar 25, 2012

why

so many a thing I have learned in your land
and yet I have had to return

I'm a vessel, not empty nor full
so many a time I have left and arrived
so many a time felt the pull
towards Turkey
and never known why

many other a person has wondered
what it is that keeps bringing me back
last time, old and wise-eyed, a woman
said I must be on destiny's track

her words pierced me deep, as her eyesight
but I still could not say what I seek
as a rose growing petals, a bird earning wings
I am not.
I stand strong on my feet.

no singular value nor humanly joy
would fill me, none of them keep
me buying tickets
and packing my bags
not even the fun I have had

wrapped into her emerald gaze
I sighed as I had to admit
I haven’t the slightest idea
but fate is too strong of a word
I dare not to use it
I fear

however, many a time
her words ring so true in my ears

I am right where I needed to be
meeting people I needed to see
Turkey still, with its treasures enriches my heart
dominion it holds over me



for Fatih 
13th of March 2012

1 comment: